hello, fellow cherrins (children)!
at least I think it’s spelled that way, I have no idea, oh my world, my friend is rubbing off on me so much. aaand, not all of you are children.
I should really come up with better intros.
Happy Earth Day, btw.
I’m so glad to be typing these words right now! I wrote a blurb from about half- a- month back, and I’m relieved to say everything’s cool now, but I wanted to just let you guys know. Feel free to skip to the end.
— I’ve actually had sososo many content ideas, and if I had time, I would just write a post every day. But alas. I’m going to be 100% honest and say that I’ve been under immense pressure for the last several months. Because of this, I constantly feel an urge to write super long posts with amazing photos, rich with content that I have to spit out like a machine, and it’s been kind of hard with timeliness and other responsibilities. I’ve never thought about quitting blogging (I love it so much, and I just reached 40 readers of Written in Stars?? I’m so happy -cries tears of joy-) but at one point, I thought I would take a hiatus. So what you can expect are posts that are going to be wonderful (because it’s me, obviously XD) but just infrequent. Now, I’m going to stop rambling! —
I was nominated by the awesome Genna, whose blog is such a beautiful, chaotic, and wonderful place, WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHECK IT OUT NOW.
Right on, let’s get into it -throws confetti-
- thank the person who nominated (thank youuuuu, genna :))
- answer all the questions down below
- pingback to the creator: ellyn@allonsythornaxx
- nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
Let the questions come forth!
Why did you start blogging & why have you kept blogging?
I first started blogging because of three things if I remember correctly from my first post:
- I want my voice to be heard. I want to tell a story.
- To meet new people.
- I want to inspire people, young or old, like the blogs I read inspire me.
Aaa, it’s emotional to read the words of little me.
But anyway, I’ve definitely done all of those things, and my purpose is still mainly the same: sharing a part of me to the world with the hopes that others will share something back. It’s been over a year for me, and one HECK of a ride.
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Haha, HAHA. Ha. I don’t think it’s possible to pretend that I have a niche for this question, cuz’ I write all sorts of posts, loosely centered around inspiration. I love the interview section (The Mood Show; see: if I became a talk show host for “the one memory of flora banks”) and I actually love the monthly wrap-ups (ahem, only one of them). Really, whatever I’m passionate about at the moment. The “I need to write about this a.s.a.p. moments”.
What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
Ok, I’m not even kidding, there should be a disclaimer on here, like: be warned: this tag may or may not require a box of tissues. I mean honestly, so many memories! Agh. Fine. -crosses arms-
- Current Mixtape: Music I’ve Had on Repeat
- Episode I: Kicking the Bucket
- Year of the Asian Reading Challenge 2019 + Review of “Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock” + The 20 Questions Book Tag
Give them a read, it would make me so happy :))
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
First of all, reading, because I’ll most likely want to relax from a long, long week, or a really stressful few days- sinking into my bed with a whole new world at my fingertips is the perfect way to unwind! -Now excuse me while I sing the entire Aladdin soundtrack-
I also love to write (of course), spend time with family, watch a movie (bonus points: noir.. yea, I’m one of those strange people who actually ENJOY old movies -audible gasps-). Oh, listening to music is also really high on the list. For me, music is as important as worlds, and I would not be without it. Just plugging my headphones in, and listening to some tunes is wonderful.
What are your three favorite things?
Uh, I basically just mentioned it up there (oops) but I’m going to choose another three:
Excuse me for being basic, but it’s true.
What are your proudest blogging moments?
My proudest blogging moments are:
- Nailing a graphic (which takes me an unbelievable amount of time, I can’t even. Probably because I waste so much time…)
- My interview with Nabila
- Getting nominated for tags and awards! It’s just such a nice feeling to know that someone was typing away at their keyboard and thought of you while doing so.
- My collab with Veda, of course, this had to be on the list. It took hours but it was SO worth it. And her dog. Her dog will always be worth it.
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I’m an artist, believe it or not. I’m really awful at sketching, but I’m fairly decent with other mediums. I also love making collages out of magazines, pulling together words, … someone like me basically lives on Pinterest, not even kidding. I also love gardening. I remember in the summer of after 4th grade, I worked with my entire family to take care of my garden, and ever since, I’ve been in love.
Guys, this is also just me grasping for straws on ideas, I’m not that interesting of a person.
Describe your personality in three words.
Aah, this is going to be interesting.
- Calm: a lot of people describe me to be so.
- Incandescent: I can be undyingly passionate about something.
- Soft-spoken: According to a lot of people, because my voice is pretty quiet.
I’m also distracted, uh, a lot. I’m not sure if this is ADD speaking, but I tend to kinda drift away/daydream. I also feel (tOo MuCh) and the last one is purely up to you :))
What are your top three pet peeves?
- Being told that I’m “too young” to grasp a concept. This happens [mostly] with strangers, but I think part of why it frustrates me so much is that they don’t even know me, and make assumptions about how smart I am just by looking at me :((
- I have to agree with Apollo on this one- group projects. Absolute worst. Outside of school, like with P.S.A’s or with extracurriculars or optional stuff, sure. But I just cannot handle group-assigned projects at school. I’m more of a “flying solo” person there, and I’m not the only one.
- Speaking of school, my history teacher who makes grammar mistakes in EVERY single one of her slideshows. Which are neon? Lectures in her class make me grouchy 😦
Those are all the questionsssss.
And if you want to do the tag and weren’t mentioned…
1) So sorry!
2) Comment below so I can add your name to the list.
Okay, guys, I’m counting down the days left for summer vacation, and according to my blog calendar, there are 12 days to go, and 9 actual days of school. It’s going to be splendid -crosses fingers-
In the meanwhile, we must endure alienated classes within four concrete walls (some of us) while the days keep passing by.
What are you guys looking forward to during summer? Isn’t Genna’s blog so cool?